Thursday, August 23, 2007

Easing in to the offseason is not that easy.

It's only been 4 weeks since my last competition, and tomorrow I'll be going to Lexington for another, the Kentucky Bluegrass. I'm not competing in this one, but I've been working with 2 people that will be. I've actually been working with 3, but one of them tore his hamstring last week and will not be able to compete now.

I thought I'd have a lot more time on my hands when my own season was over, but that has not turned out to be the case. I've been focused on reeling in competitors for the show this weekend, and getting eleven competitors started in preparation for the Kentucky Muscle Bodybuilding and Figure Championships eleven weeks away. I already had my hands full with training clients, and with the added work load of competitors, I'm not sure how much time I'll have to dedicate to the expansion of the gym. That was supposed to be my focus as soon as my season was over, but I've let my personal training take the front seat. Despite my efforts, I haven't successfully added hours to the day thus far, and considering that I couldn't possible work more hours than I already do, it seems that I'll have to work the time management angle. That is quite a struggle for a girl with ADD whose business partner/husband has ADHD.

One of my continuing goals for a couple years now has been to maintain a lower off-season weight. So far, this has been the progression...155# in 2004...dieted to 120# for 2005 competition season...up to 155 again then a mini-diet to 145 in 2006...dieted to 125# for 2006 competition season...up to 143 post contest...Dieted to 120 again in 2007...up to 133 today. It looks like I should be able to maintain 130 to 135 through the off-season now. I feel good at this weight. I'm able to lift heavy, feel good doing cardio, eat extra food sometimes, but not all the time, and I am lean enough that I can eat clean for a couple days and have abs for a shoot. The best thing about keeping lower body weight through the off-season, is that I won't have to diet as long next time I compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment