Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Fucking New Year...I got mugged and pistol whipped. How about you?

On New Year's Day at 9:30 at night, I was going to the gym to get the drill. My husband, my dad, and my brother were in the basement installing a new water heater. Our car was parked at the end of the block, so I started walking down the sidewalk towards it. Now, I usually keep my head up and stay alert and look around, but for some reason, I was looking down at the snow and the tracks in it and thinking about how I can't wear my newHeely's tomorrow because it will probably be icy.

It was cold and windy, and I didn't hear anyone come up except a couple steps right before I felt something poking me in the neck. I thought it was Adam or my brother at first screwing with me, but then I realized that what was on my neck was round with hard edges and putting a lot of force on me and almost pushing me over. I think the guy said to let go of my bag, but I couldn't really understand at the time, and by the time I realized that this was not a friendly encounter, he hit me on the right side of my head with the gun in his hand. My glasses got knocked off of my face, and I lost my bearings right away. It was very chaotic, but I yelled HELP as loud as I could. It wasn't very loud because I've had this damn sinus infection, but I couldn't get away from him because I locked up and my arm was around the strap of my bag and he was holding on to the bag with one hand. With his other had, he kept hitting me in the head until I fell down by a parked car where he broke the side mirror probably through a swing at my head. I felt him pulling on my bag strap, and for a half of a second, I pulled back. Then I realized that If I would let go, he'd probably stop hitting me, so I let go of the bag and he ran off.

I got to my feet, and kept yelling. I turned ans saw another guy standing there looking at me. At the time, I thought he was a neighbor who had come to my aide, so I said, "he went that way", and he ran after him. Since he didn't return, I figured out that he was with him not there to help me. I did see that the second guy wore a red and white jacket, and I know his general build, but that's all I know.

I stood an cussed and started to call for Adam while I ran up to our front porch and banged on the window while passing. Then I went to the side door and banged in it until I was let in. Adam ran up the steps because he heard the dogs barking, and he and my brother tried to run after the guy that did it. I had to find my glasses, and when I did, with the help of my brother's friend who was over, they ran back and got in the car and we got in with them.

We drove around a couple blocks while calling 911, and then I started to realize how much my head hurt. They drove back to the house so that I could meet up with the ambulance and cop. After they looked at the cuts on my head, they said that I could go to the hospital on my own, or go in the ambulance, and I decided to go on my own.

The next posts soon to follow...
Why University of Louisville Emergency Room sucks.
Why the Louisville Metro Police Department sucks.
Why my State Farm home owner's insurance agent sucks.
Why every trip from my house to my car and vise versa sucks.

1 comment:

  1. oh my god. i can imagine why every trip from your house to car & vise versa might suck =/

    i hope you werent injured really terribly :(

    ReplyDelete