Sunday, July 8, 2007


One unfortunate event happened on the way to Traverse City Michigan. Adam and I decided to make hot tea in the car, so we got hot water at the gas station. I put one of the cups on the floorboard while I was dumping regular water from one bottle to another, and I must have kicked it or something else knocked it, because all of the sudden my foot hurt like hell. I yelled thinking that something just fell on it, but it kept hurting and I didn't understand. Then, I realized what happened, and threw my tennis shoe and sock off. There was a 2 by 3 inch blister that had popped and the skin just fell over to the side. It was PAINFUL. I dumped ice cold water on it for about 15 minutes until it got numb, and then we hit the road again. I had to prop my foot up by an air vent with the AC on full blast about 5 minutes into the drive to numb it again, because it still hurt so bad. So, I kept neosporin on it for a day, and then I stopped because I wanted it to scab over so that I could go swimming in the lake on Monday. Well, you can probably guess that it got infected. Wednesday morning, I opened the gym at 6am and sat at my desk until my 7am client came in, I could barely stand when I tried to get up because it was so swollen with infection. I went to the doctor that day and got an antibiotic and sylvadine cream. Lovely, huh? So far it's healing up nicely, but it's going to be a while before a full recovery. At least I can wear a shoe now and don't even have to tie it loose anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment